Malcolm Andrews Master Glass Blower( Bruntnell-Astley ltd sponsers) Level: intermediate up 6 places 26th April 2014 Saturday
By Bruntnell-Astley ltd
Bruntnell-Astley have talked the legendary master glass blower Malcolm Andrews of Stourbridge out of retirement to offer some of his lifetime skills to a few lucky full time makers of glass making. Regarded to many as 'the man' Malcolm has given his working life to the traditional glass making industry and then in later life stepped over into the 'new world' (his words) of contemporary making at Stourbridge and Dudley IGC glass colleges. This class will be aimed at passing on certain skills and disciplines to new makers wanting hands on direction and fine tuning.
- Wine stemware and casting on of wine feet.
- Jugs with a variety of handle making techniques.
- Further techniques requested by students.
Materials supplied but bring your own tools if you wish. What you make you keep.. (option can be posted for small charge or collect for free see on day)
Course requirements You must have basic hot shop skills
Student numbers 6
Time 9:00am till 4:00pm Lunch 12 till 12:30 pm
" I have recently taken part in some glass blowing workshops up in Stourbridge at The Red Cone Glass House. These workshops have been taught by master glass blower Malcolm Andrews who used to work in the glass industry when it was thriving in Britain. The skills he has taught us are skills that would have originally been secrets kept within the factory walls. Because of this a lot of the techniques he has shown us are not recorded in any published books. I will be uploading a video soon of me attempting the rolling pin...." Caz Dowell
"Like a true Pro, Malcolm made it look *so* easy. Really awesome. I have a very long way to go" B Plester.
- Malcolm Andrews Master Glass Blower( Bruntnell-Astley ltd sponsers) half day 4hrs Level: intermediate ate to 2 places (or 1 to 1) £130.00
- Sunday 27th July Glass makers 'question time' By Prof Keith Cummings Dr Max Stuart and Mark Bath £0.00
- Malcolm Andrews Master Glass Blower( Bruntnell-Astley ltd sponsers) half day 4hrs Level:beginners for up to 2 places (or 1 to 1) £130.00
- Bruntnell Astley would like to present 'A Night At The Museum' social event Fri 8th August 2014 £5.00
- Richard Golding Glass Blowing Intermediate level 2 days 8-9th August 2014 Limited to 6 places only £425.00
- James Lethbridge RCA: Off the Mandrel 19th-21st August 2014 3 days 7 places only £600.00